09 March 2012


"Come. There's a way to be good again."

This is just one of the many lines in Kite Runner that struck me. And today, this very line came into mind as I listened to the first man who made me cry, the first man I've argued with, the man who broke my heart first, yet, made me feel - everything was worth it. My father.

They say you know you've grown older when you're starting to look like your parents.

As for me, I was born old. An old soul. 

This served me both in good and bad ways.

I refuse to be manipulated. I speak my mind. I wasn't the best daughter there is. 

In so many ways, I made my parents hate and despise me. Made them cry by being me or because of the things I've done.

Although only a few made mention of this, one of the upsides of growing old is your privilege to bare your heart (and soul) to your parents. I tell you, grow old and you will rightfully gain that claim. 


Do not grow old in numbers but in wisdom. Outgrow negativities. Outgrow hurts in the past. Outgrow what if's. 
Outgrow angst.

But as you grow old, grow old in and with love.

Wisdom and love.

Wisdom lets you forgive. Love lets you forget and start a brand new beginning. 

In your journey, never let go of the people (they are rare to find) who will unpretentiously tell you,


"Come. There's a way to be good again."