12 November 2011

The Man in the Bus


There's a reason why I sometimes prefer public bus over private/hired vehicles. I love being with people. Although at times and admittedly, they do annoy me (crying kids most especially), each trip I spend with them is worth the while. Worth the 2 and up hours.

Bus rides also paves the way for self assessment and evaluation. Questions like, "How did I do today?" "How did I do this week?" "What are the things I have to improve?" "What are the things I should get rid of or I should stop doing?" - are most often the sets of questions I ask myself while enjoying each gift of nature I see from my favorite seat - by the window.

The trance that I'm in when inside the running bus enables my mind to flow like a running water. Anything goes. Good and bad. I smile (even laugh) at embarrassing or funny memories. And I try to get control over my mind when it starts reminding me of bad/hurtful memories.

Having said this, during today's bus ride, I didn't really stop my brain when it started thinking about the doubts, vague plans, and uncertainties I have at present. In fact, I entertained them. Accompanied by a song that aggravated the depression that was growing, I became a little sad. I started thinking about how I fucked up in a lot of things and ctrl+alt+del is just impossible. Correcting them in a day is another impossibility. 

So I started thinking how "unfortunate" I was until I saw this man seated in front of me and God I felt ashamed right then and there. Realizing the message God must've sent me, I was sorry and I started counting my blessings. 

"Wake at dawn with a winged heart and give thanks for another day of loving." - Kahlil Gibran