09 November 2011

Whatnots


Today, I just want to free my mind (and soul) from all the troubles they've been having since August (of this year)

First:

The idea of leaving my job has occurred to me again. Shall I do it? I mean, I thought I've made up my mind I won't do it for the next 8 months but here it is again. And the question has really been stressing me out. 

I also know it's good to make stupid choices in life once in a while. That it'd make life worth living. Stupid NOT reckless. Reckless choices are the ones we make without thinking about the consequences. At least that's how I see it.

And leaving the team at this time of the year is just reckless and irresponsible and unfair to my workmates. I am praying things will turn around for me so I could see all things in a brighter, more positive perspective. Coz sometimes, when you're not sure about leaving, there's gotta be some things which are keeping you. What are they? What are their values that they make you hesitate? Is everything worth postponing?

Second:

"Is your Christmas happy Man?" - my friend asked me this the other day. And at the back of my mind, I would love to say, "Yes, it is."

Instead, I told her, "I don't know. I hope it's as happy as last year's."

Christmas is my most favorite season of the year. The most special celebration I look forward to. Not my birthday. Certainly not Valentine's. Christmas. If Santa Claus were true, I'd ask him to sprinkle me with dust of laughter, love, and happiness.

Laughter.

So I could laugh at the corniest jokes thrown. Laughter is good for the heart.

Love.

It's the strongest thing in the world. Enables you to forgive and forget and make new beginnings. It's the whole sense of Christmas.

Happiness.

They say happiness is a choice. Yes, it is. But it's not ALWAYS a simple choice. I think we all know it's just not. But with Santa's dust of happiness sprinkled on me, it'd make me see the light in every darkness. Happiness in every sadness. With this genuinely around, laughter becomes natural and all the acts of loving become easy.


Third:

Frienship and Family.

Two things which I can say I'm good at, while at the same time, suck at. If I can't be myself with one person, then he/she can't be my friend. This goes to everybody. I don't want to be with anyone whom I have to walk on tiptoes. Thanks but no thanks. I think that is only acceptable if you and that person have just known each other for a month, 3months max . But if you've been around each other for more than that and you still feel like you always have to choose your words and be mindful of what you are gonna do, for pete's sake, do away with that person. 
First and foremost, it should be yourself you have to please. Other people are secondary. And no, it's not being selfish. At all. It's called self-esteem.
So long as you don't step on other people's toe, you are fine. 

I am a friend but I'm not a 'blind' friend. I may tolerate bullshits but there's a limit to that. And this goes to my siblings too. Thing is, if you fucked up things, fix it. If there's no point fixing it or it's beyond fixing, leave it! No need to carry it with you. Simple as that. My real friends/siblings know that they can't have my support if they're the ones who messed things up. I stand up and defend other people, even people I don't know, but I make sure I have the facts. They're as important as being a friend/daughter/sibling.