23 August 2010

The Art of Love Making... with a BOOK

Bookworm. Wide-reader. Whatever you call it, it boils down to one thing: the LOVE for reading.
But how do you manifest your LOVE? And you go on saying, "Woman, what the hell are you talking about?"


Well then, let me give me give you ideas how I make love with the books I read:


1. It all starts with the SMELL. - I don't care if you're gonna look at me like I'm some weird/crazy book buyer you've bumped into in a bookshop because I'm still gonna be doing what you caught me doing: SNIFFING books! So yes, I love the smell of books or any reading materials. So before heading to the cashier to pay, you'll find me just around anywhere, sniffing. Turning pages. Sniffing..

2. Anything that comes before page 1 is the FOREPLAY. Make it good! - It's also my own little way of showing respect to the author's work. If I can be patient enough to read the entire book, reading the first few pages before page 1 is just a piece of cake. So go read those pages. They won't be there if they aren't necessary.


3. Be the gentle lover. - Hold the book with BOTH hands. I don't need a fancy bookmark to avoid dog ears. Any paper will do. Folding corners of the book for markers is not being gentle.


4. Preserve MEMORIES. - So there was one time, my boss asked me, "What are you doing writing down lines from the book?" And I just said, "Well, it's a habit I'm not willing to break."
Sure, I can just highlight the lines in every pages but it doesn't give me the same feeling I get from really WRITING down the lines which struck me. So I write them down, and even if it's been a long while since I've finished one particular book, I still can remember the lines I loved from that book.


These four, are my most obvious manifestations of love for reading.